Saturday, April 23, 2011

drawing

This is something I wrote a long time ago .In my opinion it is somewhat contrived and immature and certainly not literary . Since it has been 25 years since I wrote this I still feel that it expresses some truth about myself and when I read it to my friends they seem to relate or laugh .Some of my stuff comes out well when read aloud with some emotion .

 GOLD OR DUST

I fell upon a heap of gold
Being old I had no need of gold
To late my limbs were weak and body cold .

I fell upon a heap of dames,
and lived a life of fun and games .
To some it seemed a life of bliss .
Naught to me  but one long kiss .

I fell upon a heap of friends .
A happy time just holding hands .
I soon got blisters on my palm,
And hid a wish to someone harm

I fell upon a heap of plenty,
It was always full and never empty.
I drank it up like a gulping fish .
I never dreamed nor something wish

I fell upon a heap of dust ,
From this I grew as something must .
I saw myself in many things ,
Twas me twas dust to all it clings .

(yuk  it sounds corny to me now but it relates to things that have happened since I wrote it )




































1 comment:

edodeweert.blogspot.com said...

i am amazed.....
this stuff is wonderful to look at.
the self portrait is just fabulous and the hands in "the good girl" are excellent... now bring out the conte (ok, it's not cheap, but you'll love the results)
great stuff.
edo